For G Suite.
For Office 365.
How can I restrict users to only able to search for specific email addresses?
It is possible to create the users who can only search specified mail addresses by using [Search policy] in [Search restriction settings].
The procedure to create the users is as follows;
The procedure to create the users who can only search specified mail addresses.
- Log in to the archive as an user with [Domain Admin] privilege/ authorization (*)
(*) i.e.; administrative privilege/authorization which is an account 「email@example.com」 informed when you started using the service.
*Login name/ Password is on the service use starting notification mail.
- Click [Search restriction settings] on the admin page in the left menus.
- Click [+ add search policy]
- Check on the [Specify the search target address]. Enter the following details and click [+ Add].
- Search policy name
- Search targeted period
Specify the search starting date and the search ending date.
If the above dates are not specified, it will not be restricted by the search targeted period.
- Search target address
Set up either one of mail address/domain/sub-domain.
The above step allows you to search the mails which include the target address in either one of To / Cc / Bcc（Envelope To） / From / Envelope From.
- Click the [User setting] on admin page in the left menus.
- Click on [+Add new user]
- Select the [Search restriction setting] which created in the step 3 on the [Search policy] section and click [+Add].