for G Suite / for Office 365
August 2019 In accordance with the release of approver exclusion condition, this procedure was changed. Please be assured that the old setting procedure also works in the same way.
September 2019 In accordance with the release of approver comment feature, additional notes were added in the "1.[First time only/Notification settings]" section.
These steps will show you how to set up the approval function on the Email DLP service. (New Infrastructure)
- Notification settings(First time only)
- Create Address Group
- Create Rule Group
- Link the Address Group to Rule Group in filtering settings.
How to Setup
- [First time only/Notification settings]
Specify an email template for your notification. This will be sent to requesters with approval result, such as sent or discarded.
- Go to "Notification for Approval" and click on [+Create].
- A default template will be automatically set, but you can modify it as you like.
((%OPERATION%)) …Approval result（Sent or Discarded）
((%OPERATION-COMMENT%)) …Comment from approver
((%HEADER-FROM%)) …Sender email address
((%RCPTTO%)) …Recipient email address
((%HEADER-DATE%)) …Sent date/time
((%OPERATED-AT%)) …Approved time
- [Create Address Group] Set both requesters and approvers.
- Go to "Define Address Groups" and click on [+Create]. Enter both requesters' and approvers' email addresses.
- Check a box next to the email address where you want to set as approver and click on [+Create]
- ［ Create Rule Group ］
In a rule where you want to set the approve function, select "Request Approval" to the "Action" section.
In addition, add the following rule condition to exclude the approvers from this filter.
If you want to include the approvers to this filter, this setting is not required.
Target: Envelope From
Predicate: is not approver
Pattern: The Address Group created in Step 2.
- [Define Filter]
- Go to［Define Filter］and click on [+Create].
・Set each item and click on [+Create]
Sender： Select the address group created in the step 2. above
Rule Name：Select the rule group created in the step 3. above
End of Procedure
If you would like us to support filtering settings, please feel free to contact Customer Success Guide.