for G Suite / for Office 365
I received an email with a read recipient request.
When I sent back a receipt to the sender, the email was encrypted.
Why did this occur and how can I exclude the email from being encrypted?
A file may be attached in the receipt email.
Due to this, if you set up an encryption rule on the HDE Email DLP service, the file will be encrypted.
If you want to exclude receipt emails from being encrypted, please add the following rule on the HDE Email DLP service.
Since a specific header is added based on RFC3798 when read recipient emails are sent, you can use the header to exclude the emails from being encrypted.
HDE Customer Success Guide can also help you to set up the rule, so please do not hesitate to contact us if needed.
- Uncheck "Encrypt attachments"
- Rule Conditions : "Match all of the following (AND)"
- Target :"Optional Header" Content-type
- Predicate : "matches regular expression"
- Pattern : report-type=disposition-notification
- Count : 1
- Field :"Optional Header" Content-type
- Operator："is equal to"
- Value : report-type=disposition-notification
- Frequency : 1