Using HENNGE Access Control Directory Sync to synchronize users to Office 365.
To make meeting room objects, shared mailbox objects and SharePoint External user objects outside of synchronization target when synchronizing users to Office 365. This is done to prevent synchronization causing deletion of objects that are not user objects.
1. This article was last updated on 2019 March.
2. This setting may take some time to be reflected on the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
1. Open the PowerShell and connect it to Office 365 as outlined in the following article.
1. Run the following PowerShell Command
-UserPrincipalName "XXX@example.com" `
-UserPrincipalName is the Email Address of the custom domain.
-NewUserPrincipalName is the Email Address of the onmicrosoft.com domain to be changed to.
2. Settings on the Exchange Admin Center
After Step 1 is ran, the UserPrincipalName (UPN) and Email Address should both be the onmicrosoft.com domain Email Address. However, we still need to change the Email Address (SMTP) on the Exchange Admin Center.
※ External Users invited by through SharePoint do not have Email Address and will not require this configuration.
2.1. Go to the [ Microsoft 365 Admin Center ] and select the object then click on [ Edit Exchange Setting ] → [ Email Address ].
※ For user objects, it is the [ Edit Exchange Property ] option.