For customers who are using Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center and plan to implement HENNGE Access Control federation in Microsoft 365 in the future.
An account with an Microsoft 365 federated domain (own domain) may not be able to sign in to the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center and Microsoft Business Center after the federation.
The account you use to log in to the Microsoft Volume Licensing Center process is, assign custom domain and Microsoft 365 tenant default domain (.onmicrosoft.com) respectively, and operate by using the different accounts depending on the login destination.
1. This article based on the content of the Microsoft product as of July 2019, and maybe revised without prior notice due to subsequent updates or specifications changes.
2. Please note that we may not be able to answer the questions regarding how to set up Microsoft services (Microsoft account, Volume License Center, etc.).
3. Perform this operation before HENNGE Access Control: Single Sign-Up Setup.
4. It is recommended to announce to related users in advance if necessary.
1. Creating the account for utilizing Microsoft Volume License Center
After creating the Microsoft 365 tenant, create accounts for the Microsoft 365 default domain (the domain that contains .onmicrosoft.com) for the number of people who can log in to the Volume Licensing Center.
Note that the user part of these accounts (the part before the "@" in the account name) is a different string than the user's corporate domain account that you will create in Microsoft 365.
If a particular user's corporate domain account is firstname.lastname@example.org", then the Volume License Center account is email@example.com.
(@example.onmicrosoft.com is your Microsoft 365 default domain.)
Also, you do not have to assign Microsoft 365 licenses to these accounts.
2. Add account to Volume License Center
The account you created in step 1 access to your Microsoft Volume Licensing Center.
There is no problem with this procedure, whether you add a new account or replace the login name of an existing account.
If you need detailed instructions, please contact the support desk below.
3. Login Confirmation with New Account
Make sure that the account you created in step 1 has access to your Microsoft Volume Licensing Center.